Sunday, January 18, 2009

Jan 18 food

Brekky:  small morning smoothie.  banana & 1 oz walnuts.  Every breakfast this week has been on-the-go so this is a great breakfast for that.  If I'd been able to have a leisure breakfast this morning I probably would have had cabbage & apples.  I think I'll have it for dinner this week--not lunch because housemate claims to not like cabbage and I make lunch for both of us.   

Lunch:  a carrot and leftover Gorgeous garlic greens soup.  This will last a few days.  2 oranges for dessert.   I'm into raw carrots before my meal and oranges afterwards, not sure why, besides it's easy and good!  

Dinner:  pureed rutabaga and peas & carrots & corn.  I thought I didn't like rhutabaga but this was wonderful!  and so easy.  I got the idea from Picks Over Peas.   She also gives a little lesson on cruciferous vegetables too.   This is much healthier than mashed potatoes and I think it's even better!  It was also super easy to make.   Dessert:  orange.   Then I blew it.  I was making mine and housemate's smoothies and started eating some brazil nuts and didn't stop.  Dammit.  Now I'm going to mess up tomorrow because I won't be hungry at 6:30 am.  I also gave up swearing as a New Year's resolution and I just broke that too.  of course, I could delete what I wrote but then you wouldn't see my emotional state.  Okay, I'll get back on the horse now.

No comments: