Friday, January 23, 2009

Jan. 23 food

Brekky:  morning smoothie

snack after exercise and biking:  cup of warm soy milk.  then, uh-oh, decided to nibble on some dried fruit I bought a few months ago.  Ate way too many pieces of dried apple, mango, and pineapple.  I was taste-testing them and decided I didn't really like the mango and pineapple, but definitely liked the apple.

Lunch:  baked sweet potato (mashed) and cabbage salad.  For house mate I was going to make mashed potato but decided to puree it like I did the rutabaga and turnips.  Well, it's not the same!   It has a weird syrupy consistency.  Mashed is definitely better with white potatoes.  Interesting though, I like pureed turnips and rutabaga better and it's healthier.  I never would have expected that!

Dinner:  apple, salad with another baked beet dressing, which was good.  2 small oranges for dessert.

snack:  oops, at a gathering with friends I ate 2 vegan chocolate chip cookies and some more dried fruit!   They had apples, and spicy mango.  Both were good.  I definitely felt the effects from the cookies--the flour and sugar gives me a sugar buzz and makes me kind of ADHD.  Now I have a wee bit of  a tummy ache which is probably the combination of overeating all the dried fruit and the cookies today.  And a weird feeling in my heart.  interesting.  

What should I make this weekend?  Well, I know what I will make tomorrow,  kale with some kind of sauce on it.  But I need to make something on Sunday that will last a few days into next week--a soup or main dish.  

No comments: