Friday, January 23, 2009

another baked beet dressing

I'm continuing my experiment with baked beet dressings.   

Ingredients:
4 small baked beets (throw in the oven as is at 350 F for 1.5 hours)
1/2 cup soy milk
2 dried apricots (optional)
1 Tbsp flavored vinegar (I tried black fig today)

I added the apricots for no good reason, just thought it might add something.  But the beets are so good, I think I should have left off the apricots to see if it needed something else.   But it was still good with the apricots.  Anyway, I soaked the apricots in the soy milk for a few hours.  You could probably just microwave it for 30 seconds and soak for 5 minutes.  or not even bother soaking.   After the beets cool, peel the skins and eat them, as they are good for you.  Then blend everything in the blender.  I ate this over lettuce, arugula and chopped red pepper.   It was great.  Oh, and you don't have to be stingy with this dressing.  Think of it as a big plate of beet dressing with some salad in it.  Okay, I actually had a huge plate of salad too, but I ate all the dressing.   

No comments: