Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Jan. 20 food

Brekky:  small morning smoothie

Lunch:  steamed veggies--broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, edamame--topped with Russian fig dressing.  I microwaved the dressing for a couple of minutes to cook it a bit and that made the garlic/onion less strong.  Hmm, maybe I should modify the recipe.  It was a very good lunch.  I had my usual raw carrot while fixing it, and orange for dessert.

Dinner:  Last of the garlic-greens soup, and arugula-apple salad (with pumpkin seeds instead of sunflower seeds; and Riesling Raisin Vinegar instead of D'Angou Pear--all good); and my usual raw carrot and celery while fixing it and orange for dessert.  The celery was good today.  Lately it hasn't been so good.  I made the soup a few days ago because housemate had a cold.  She made the fastest recovery from a cold I've ever seen, knock on wood.  She's still a little snively but not bad.  I've been feeling tired and wonder if I'm fighting it too.  I hope my body wins.  hmm, my throat does seem a bit sore.  oh no...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO. Repeat after me: I am NOT sick, I am NOT sick. I AM WELL. I AM VEGAN. I am ETL. I am INVINCIBLE, (echo "invincible," 'n' clap ya hands) I AM Womaaaaaaaaaaan!

kneecap said...

haha. okay, I'm following your advice!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Barb. I read your "Health Benefits." I feel it'll be years before I lose 5 lbs.! However, you may check out my new blog on growing our own food: noworriesfarm.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

I need to follow your lead and have celery and carrot sticks on hand to snack while preparing food. :)

kneecap said...

Hi Mary, I checked out your blog. wow, that sounds like a lot of work! Also I commented on your other blog about dairy.

crunchy: I suppose I shouldn't be snacking at all, right? :) But that's the least of my worries. It's the nuts that I overindulge right now.