Wednesday, February 18, 2009

feb. 18 food

Brekky:  morning smoothie, then apple after yoga class.

Lunch:  started out okay...some raw carrots, then vegetables in lemon-tahini sauce.  This is like comfort food to me, reminds me of casseroles from childhood (like chicken pot pie).    The vegetables were broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, and edamame.  It was yummy.  Dessert was a delicious fruit salad made from strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and bananas.  The quality of the berries varies dramatically from day to day.  Last week when I bought blueberries, they were bad.  Today, all the berries were good.  Oh well, the surprise makes life more interesting I guess.    Okay, after this I kind of went downhill.  I was making salad for housemate's dinner and had some leftover avocado and decided to make a dessert out of it by mashing with a date.  Well, that was sweet and good and I think it started the food cravings.  By now I was pretty full.  I had to eat dinner a bit early before I was really hungry.  I think when I get too full I then overeat more.  It's weird.  So for dinner I had a salad with Russian fig dressing.  Dessert was a kiwi and 2 small oranges.  Now I was very full and then I just kept eating!  I ate some cashews and then some dates with walnuts in them.  That sent me on a sugar high.  Then later at the grocery store I bought a vegan chocolate chip cookie!   It didn't really taste that great and left a bad aftertaste---I think it was the margarine (yuck!).  So much for my promise a few days ago to stop eating oil and sugar and refined flour.  uh, okay, now I will stop eating oil and sugar and refined flour?   Dang, my fingers are getting puffy.  Salt in the cookies?   One thing I've noticed, and others on the Fuhrman site have said this too, when you eat healthy for a while and then you try the junk food, it affects you way more than it ever did when you were eating junk food all the time.  It's interesting but geez, I wish I would just get over it and stop falling for the temptations.  And now I have a bit of a tummy ache...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be so hard on yourself, Barb! What you call over-eating, I call starvation diet!!!

BTW, since I'm a regular at The Farm House, they treat me special--no one else brings in their own food for them to prepare/serve...

kneecap said...

see my next post. boo hoo.