Friday, February 27, 2009

sleep

Do we need 8 hours of sleep every day?  I sleep less and less as I get older.  I wake up early and want to get going on the day.  It doesn't feel like it's for stressful reasons, but for happy reasons, enjoying life.  I go to bed too late because I work in the evenings and don't wind down, plus I want to read in bed before going to sleep.  I think I only sleep about 6-7 hours a day.   I have catch-up days where I sleep almost 8 hours.   Is that bad?  I feel okay.  I used to sleep much more.  I wonder if I need less sleep since I am more healthy than I used to be and my body doesn't have to work as hard to remove toxins.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your blog through Dr. Fuhrman's site and have been using it for inspiration for the past two months. Today I discovered your other blogs and have enjoyed them as well.

I've been struggling with the e2l lifestyle for a while and I really appreciated your post a while back about rebelling and having to adjust your plan to work with that.

I tried to leave a comment on your spirituality blog. We also attend a Unitarian church here in very conservative Oklahoma. I was so happy to find UUism. It made such sense to me.

Please keep blogging. You're probably inspiring more folks than you realize! :-)

kneecap said...

HI Traci,

Thank you so much for your kind comments! I have to run off now (to my UU church coincidentally--big remodeling project going on), so not much time to chat. I will check the spirituality blog and make sure it's open for comments. I thought it was. Learning ETL is a struggle psychologically because it's so different from what everyone else eats. The food tastes good and is easy to make once you get the hang of it. But being different from everyone else is hard. Feel free to contact me anytime if you have questions. You can PM me on the Fuhrman site and I'll give you my email address. Or I can do it here if you can't figure the PM thing out (personal message). I'm not that worried about being anonymous here (more just embarrassed!). One of these days I'm planning to "come out". ha.

-barb

kneecap said...

ps, my family on my mother's side comes from Oklahoma so I've visited there many times.

-barb