Wednesday, December 31, 2008

lemon tahini-cashew sauce

To me, tahini sauce is just a wee bit too bitter.  But cashews round it out nicely.  I'll probably tweak the amounts more in the future but this turned out well.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup raw unhulled sesame seeds
1/2 cup raw cashews
2 Tbsp lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
1/2 cup water (I think)
1 tsp veggizest or other no salt seasoning (optional)
1 small clove garlic
1 date, pitted

Rinse the sesame seeds, then put eveything in the blender.  Blend for a long time so it gets nice and creamy and warm and steamy.   This makes a pretty thick sauce.  I think I might add more water next time or cut back on the seeds and nuts, just so it's a lighter and less fattening meal.  If you split the sauce into two servings, that's at least 2 oz of nuts/seeds each which is probably too much.   I'll work on those relative portions next time I make it.   Maybe I'll try making a lighter sauce for four servings (two meals at my house).    I'll also try it without the date to see if it's still good.

No comments: