Tuesday, December 30, 2008

dec. 30 food

Breakfast:  went out for breakfast to meet a friend.   I had a mediocre bowl of quick-cooking oatmeal with a half a banana sliced into it and some brown sugar.  At least I think it had no salt.   I have no desire to eat at restaurants anymore.  The things they are good at, cooking food in lots of oil and salt and processed flour and sugar, are things I don't want to eat.  The things I want to eat are usually slim pickings at a restaurant and mediocre and expensive to boot (for example, $8 for a plate with a few salad leaves on it).  My companion didn't eat much of his oatmeal.  I should have invited him home for smoothies instead.   Next time! 

Lunch:  I think I'm in a bit of a splurge mode since it's the end of the year and I'm planning to buckle down like everyone else and improve my eating habits.  So I wanted to make a version of this bar I get at my co-op, called, I forget, a bumblebee bar?  I think I'll make it a separate post since I want to keep track of failed recipes so I don't want to repeat them.  So I'll just say I ate a lot of peanut butter and a banana and a few other nuts and seeds for lunch.

Dinner:  arugula salad and "spaghetti".  yummy yummy.   Oh, and I ate too much of both.  okay, I'll get back to normal tomorrow.  I'm tired of over-eating.

2 comments:

Howard Veit said...

I agree...restaurants are a chore. If it were up to me, I would eat out rarely. Hardly anyone invites us to their home for dinner anymore, because they don't want to deal with me. I am not a compromiser, even in social situations. It makes my wife very uncomfortable.

I'll do a post tonight on negotiating with waiters. The bottom line is that I am a royal pain in the ass.

kneecap said...

Great, I want to learn how to be a pain in the ass!