Wednesday, December 17, 2008

dec 17 food

Breakfast:  mango-spinach smoothie

Lunch:  kale & sweet potato sauce, and lima beans.  For the beans, I didn't even soak them because lima beans cook pretty quickly, just added water, part of an onion, some veggiezest, herbs du province and fines herbs, and cooked for 4 hours.   They were good and sweet tasting.  I don't think I would have tasted the sweetness if I hadn't given up salt.  I ate too much because I didn't want leftovers, and housemate didn't eat her fair share.  That is a bad reason to eat too much and I need to start thinking of leftovers as a good thing.

Dinner:  Cabbage, apple, and currants.  it is sooo good and easy!  The problem is, I also ate a banana and 1 oz nuts, a carrot, 2 clementines (at least they are tiny).   So I probably overate yet again.   But one thing at a time.  So far I'm eating healthy and I'm not snacking.  Now I just have to cut down on the meal sizes and I should be in good shape.  

No comments: