Sunday, December 21, 2008

dec. 19-21 food, oops

The last three days forms a little chapter as you'll see.  On Thursday night, I made some "healthy" fudge from Dr. Fuhrman's recipe site, containing mostly almonds and dates and coconut and I used carob instead of cocoa since I can't handle the caffeine in chocolate.  It really wasn't that great, yet I still ate too much on Friday morning--at least half the pan.  Well, I learned once before that if I eat too many nuts, I get sick.  Yet I did it again.  So later on that day, since I figured I was on a splurge, binge I should say, I also ate 2 vegan chocolate chip cookies (I went to the co-op to get some rice to make housemate happy and I got the cookies then), and a bowl of red beans and rice.  Besides the fudge I actually didn't eat that much, but of course, the fudge.  I started getting a stomach ache that evening.  Then I was sick all the rest of the night!   On Saturday, I still didn't feel that great and was afraid to eat so ate nothing.  I slept really well Saturday night, felt great on Sunday, and cautiously began eating again, so I had:

Breakfast:  about a half cup of a fruit smoothie (made for housemate) and a small clementine.  

Lunch:  steamed zucchini.  this was really good.  oh the simple things.  a few cherries for dessert.

Dinner:  steamed carrots and broccoli.  another clementine.  a few cherries.

I think tomorrow I can go back to normal eating.  I think I'll try not to overeat.  I feel better when I don't.   This episode makes me think I have a problem with sweets.  If I don't eat it, I'm fine.  But if I start, I seem to lack control for stopping it.  When I was growing up, we hardly ever got desserts.  So that probably explains why I was so skinny.  Then when I went to college, I didn't have good control when it came to sweets and I gained about 30 lbs.  Then somehow it came off after college and I was normal again and didn't eat sweets much.   I think I'm experimenting now with how much sweets I can take with these "healthy" recipes and it seems to be not much.    

No comments: