Friday, December 5, 2008

dec. 2 & 3 food

Dec. 2 

Breakfast:   salad (lettuce, spinach), mixed berries, pineapple, apple, sunflower & flaxseed (1 Tbsp a piece).  heated up the fruit in the microwave (apple first and longer).  as usual.  added cinnamon too, 1/4 tsp.   

Lunch:  spinach-mango green smoothie.  used peaches instead of mangos.  mangos are better.

Dinner:  made a casserole from a recipe someone posted on the Fuhrman forums.  You grind 1 cup of pecans in 5 cups of water, combine that with 2 cups of brown rice in a casserole dish.  Add a bunch of vegetables.  I put in brussels sprouts on one side for me, broccoli on the other side for housemate.  It was good but a little bland.  I think I'd rather have a more nutritious soup over salad.    also had a carrot, 2 date nut pop'ems, a grapefruit, and orange, and some nuts while preparing the dinner.  I ate too much.

Wednesday

Breakfast:  back to my favorite salad, as the co-op had more cranberries.  This is the salad with apples & cranberries with orange-cashew dressing.  I love this!

Lunch:  leftover casserol, grapefruit, 3 date nut pop'ems

Dinner:  while traveling:  same salad as breakfast (yum!), carrot, 2 date nut pop'ems.

No comments: