Thursday, December 11, 2008

food dec. 11

Breakfast:  favorite apple-cranberry salad; 1/3 cup pomegranate juice

Lunch:  had a light lunch because I had a massage this afternoon!  so I had a sliced banana, 1/2 bag frozen blueberries, 1/2 oz chopped (in a coffee grinder) walnuts, and a clementine.  put that in a bowl and microwaved to heat it up.  okay, the clementine didn't really go with the rest, so I just ate those pieces first and then ate the rest.  lesson learned.  It was really good though.

Dinner:  ate 2 carrots and a piece of celery while fixing collard greens and kale with cashew sauce. The greens came from the freezer from last summer's garden.  I've been neglecting them and I don't want them to get too old.  1/3 cup pomegranate juice.    Now, I could have shared the kale.  So I probably ate too much.  Next time if I'm alone (usually am at dinner) I should make less.  Yeah, I'm feeling tired and overly full.  oops!    fortunately, it was only 2 oz of nuts and a bunch of low-calorie greens.  still, you shouldn't get overly full (according to my leader, Dr. Fuhrman).

No comments: