Wednesday, December 31, 2008

dec. 31 food

Breakfast:  banana and 1 oz walnuts, an old favorite.

Lunch:  more fun with the spirooli!   I wanted to give housemate the tomato sauce from last night's dish but she doesn't like zucchini.  So she had the brilliant idea to try a potato.  She thought I would bake it, but I spiralized it and steamed it and it looked just like spaghetti.  It was great with the tomato sauce!  Then for me I made another salad like last night.  I love this salad and it is super easy!  I also had 1 oz brazil nuts (not needed).  oh, and 2 small clementines for dessert.

snack:   a pre new year's splurge.  mixed about 1 oz of pecans in maple syrup, microwaved for 45 seconds (I have a weak microwave).  This is soooooo good.  Of course, maple syrup is not good for you.  so I was bad.   could be worse though, for a splurge, right?

Dinner:  vegetable medley (steam carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, corn) with lemon tahini-cashew sauce.  This was sooo good, like comfort food.  Reminds me of chicken pot pie.    Dessert (new year's splurge):  2 dates with stuffed with walnuts, microwaved for 10 seconds to warm them up (times vary).  This is really good and rich and is great at giving you a sugar high and setting up food cravings.   I also had a bowl of applesauce.  I'm like a kid now, I don't want alcohol, just treats for New Year's.   

No comments: