Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Dec. 9 food

Breakfast:   what else?    apple-cranberry salad

Lunch:  the last of the shepherd's pie. which I ate over a bed of chopped lettuce and arugula. I'm starting to think you can eat anything over chopped greens--just think of them as a substitute for rice. I ate two helpings to finish it off and it was a bit too much.  I am slightly improving on overeating at mealtime but still am not there.  It's a learning process because I'm also training myself to not snack in between meals and I'm learning how big my meals need to be to last until the next one.   Funny, when I was a kid, we ate this way too--3 meals a day, no snacks, and no desserts.  I was skinny too.   Coincidence?

Then house-mate was cold and wanted some hot chocolate so I had an idea for both hot cocoa and chocolate-cashew dip (inspired by a discussion on the Fuhrman forums).  It was great!   I made my portion with carob powder and dipped a banana in it.  

Dinner:  I had a big lunch and had to run out for a meeting, so just had a grapefruit and banana with the carob-cashew dip.  yummy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Healthy Vegan, it's LiLo from the forums :). Your point about learning how much to eat is a good one. It's good to be satisfied, yet not full after a meal, and feeling true hunger for the next. So not getting "full" is a good way to feel that true hunger come next meal. I used to delay my eating on purpose for at least 20 minutes or more if I could when I felt hunger or when I knew it was time to eat (by the clock). This way, during that time, I was taking note of what was happening and what I was feeling during that time. It helps. So suffer a little, lol.
All the best,

LiLo

kneecap said...

HI LiLo,

thanks for the advice. I find the afternoons are when I have the hardest time waiting, but sure enough, when I get over this hump at about 4 pm, I'm okay until 6 pm. I am making progress even though I still have a ways to go.