Tuesday, December 23, 2008

true hunger

Howard at Lifestyle Power has a great post on hunger and overeating.  I'm realizing I don't have the optimum eating schedule.  Since I exercise in the morning, often followed by errands, I don't eat breakfast until 10-10:30 am usually.  Then I eat lunch with housemate before she heads off to work at about 1 pm.  So I'm not really hungry at lunch.  I think that sets up an unhealthy pattern where you eat when you aren't hungry and are more likely to overeat since you aren't in touch with hunger.  I'm not sure what to do about this--eat before exercise?  I'd have to get up even earlier, plus I'm not keen on doing strenuous exercise on a full stomach.  Postpone lunch?   That doesn't work schedule-wise.  Make a smaller breakfast?  That may have to be the solution, even though I haven't eaten since dinner the night before!  Or make a smaller lunch?   That doesn't solve the problem of eating when not hungry.  So it seems I should make a smaller breakfast.  Anyone have another suggestion?

No comments: