Thursday, December 25, 2008

Dec. 24 food

Breakfast:  after a difficult bike ride in the snow and a 2-hour yoga class, I enjoyed a banana and 1 oz walnuts before my even more difficult bike ride home.  Then I had an apple.  It was close to lunch so I stopped.  

Lunch:  arugula and the rest of yesterday's tomato dressing.  outstanding!  Housemate complained that her smoothie was greenish (I am adding spinach now to cure her eye problem), so I added half a bag of blueberries.  I took the other half and made my OMG blueberry drink.  yummy!   

In mid-afternoon I tried to make a Christmas treat based on some recipes someone posted on the Fuhrman forums.  It was an avocado-banana-date pudding.  It was supposed to be brown after adding cocoa but I added carob which didn't turn it brown so it was an ugly green.  It tasted okay but I just didn't think it was worth it.  So I gave some to housemate and threw out the rest.  I know, wasteful, but I hardly waste food anymore at all.  I eat all the produce and I compost the refuse.  I used to throw out a lot of produce that went bad.  Now I eat it all.  Anyway, I'm beginning to think I don't like desserts.  The healthy ones are not that great tasting, and the unhealthy ones make me feel bla, along with being unhealthy.  Plus I don't have the discipline to eat them in moderation when I make them.  So I think I'm better off without them.  I really like fruit, so why not just stick with that.

Dinner:  I made carrot and red lentil soup from the Fuhrman recipe site, because it is very easy.  It has 3 ingredients:  juice from a ton of carrots, red lentils, and onions.  It is a bit sweet on its own, but it's great over greens or vegetables.  We had it over steamed kale.  a great meal.  had an orange for dessert.

No comments: