Wednesday, April 8, 2009

new experiment

I was thinking maybe one reason I sometimes overeat following Dr. Fuhrman's program is that the meals tend to be high-volume and low-calories--unless you add a lot of nuts.  And Fuhrman recommends not snacking.  So I find myself stuffing my face 3 times a day to get the calories in.  And I think I lose my sense of when I'm full--plus I don't feel comfortable or healthy doing this.  I didn't have these over-eating issues before adopting this program of eating.  I want to go back to eating normal size meals and stop eating when I'm comfortable.  So I'm going to break a little with Fuhrman's advice and eat 4 meals a day.  I like having salad at dinner but it doesn't hold me over through my morning exercise to my breakfast.  In fact, I often wake up at 4 am hungry--and this is true hunger, not food detox.  So I think I will try having a little oatmeal dish as a second dinner.  Here's my plan:

Brekky:  smoothie,  10-11 am (after exercise)

Lunch:  This is my meal of the day that will vary most.  It's like dinner for most people, my big meal of the day.  usually soups and veggies with various sauces.  (12-1 pm)

Dinner #1:  salad.  5-6 pm

Dinner #2:  oatmeal.  8 pm

I'll see how it works...

okay, tomorrow I'll post various food recipes from my trip.  time for bed...

No comments: