Sunday, April 12, 2009

apr 12 food

brekky: spinach-mango smoothie

lunch: I made a recipe from Picks over Peas' blog: Roasted Eggplant Tofu with spinach and mushrooms. This was the best eggplant, tomato, italian type recipe I've had since I stopped using salt and oil. The tofu ricotta was great. The eggplant was great. I didn't follow the recipe exactly (do I ever?)--this is why I'm a lousy baker. I made my own tomato sauce. I used fresh basil and some sorrel that I happened to have (it's a lemony, peppery leaf) in the tofu ricotta, which I blended all up in the blender. I used more lemon juice too. The nutritional yeast gave it a perfect cheesy flavor. I didn't make sandwiches from the eggplants--didn't slice them thin enough and I preferred it my way. I just had sauce, eggplant, tofu ricotta, spinach, mushrooms, and sauce, as the layers. It was great! I ate about half of it today (oops). Then portioned the leftovers into two large servings. Hopefully I will have the willpower to spread them over two days.

Dinner: I wasn't too hungry but know breakfast will be late after lots of exercising, so at 8:30 pm, I had an orange, apple, 2 prunes, and some arugula with blueberry vinegar. That might have been a bit too much.

I didn't have time to compute the nutritional info of the eggplant recipe. It's probably high calorie and high fat from the tofu. I'm sure I had a lot of calories today. That's okay with me. It was good!

No comments: