Sunday, April 12, 2009

apr. 11

As predicted yesterday, I did eat more food today.  I ate a lot of fruit and berries and enjoyed them.  I didn't follow Dr. Fuhrman's advice about not snacking.  

Brekky:  smoothie around 8:30 am.  then I thought I was going to have a late lunch so had a banana and some carrots and celery, and an apple later on.

Lunch (about 2 pm):   large sweet potato, giant plate of steamed asparagus and broccoli (didn't intend that, just made too much).  I put lemon and no-salt seasoning on the veggies.  My favorite no-salt seasoning is penzey's "mural of flavors."   This is one of my favorite lunches.  The sweet potato was baked to perfection and I ate the skin (usually I overcook it and the skin is kind of burnt).  

Then, well, I bought some fresh berries at the co-op and they were all good (not always the case).  So I ate them all:  a box of strawberries, raspberries and blueberries!   I nibbled on them all afternoon.   They were just too good to leave alone.

Needless to say I wasn't too hungry at dinner so I had 2 kiwis, some peas and corn, and an orange.  Doesn't sound like much but I was still full from the berries!  oh, and a banana and 0.5 oz walnuts.  Now it sounds like more.  

Total calories:  1621,  protein 42 g (8%), carbs 349 g (79%), fat 24 g (13%).

No comments: