Wednesday, April 22, 2009

apr. 22

Snack before yoga (7:30 am):  0.5 oz brazil nuts, sips of housemate's smoothie

brekky after yoga (10:50 am):  smoothie

Lunch:  Well it's good when you start running out of food because you get more creative.  My fridge was pretty empty so I made up a new "spaghetti" sauce on spiralized sweet potato.  This was really good!   I think I perfected the recipe (well, good enough for me anyway).













I made whole wheat spaghetti for housemate and tried a few forkfulls.  Without salt and oil, it seems pretty yucky to me now--not much taste, and what taste it has is kind of bitter.  In contrast, the sweet potato was flavorful and sweet.  I used a spirooli to spiralize the sweet potato, then steamed it for just a few minutes.

Dinner:  leftover spaghetti.  and fruit salad.  yummy.  and I ate an orange.   and some more berries.  Those blackberries were good.  I didn't used to like them but now I really like them.  I ate the whole container of blackberries (6 oz?).













I didn't count my calories because I didn't have desire to figure out the spaghetti sauce, which used pesto that I made last summer.  I ate a pretty normal amount, maybe more fat than usual since I forgot the pesto had walnuts in it when I added it to the spaghetti sauce.

No comments: