Thursday, April 30, 2009

apr 30 food

I'm thinking I need a few more calories so I'm experimenting with a bigger smoothie and more high calorie foods like beans and oatmeal and soymilk.  I lost about 5 lbs over the last few months and I definitely don't want to lose anymore, and maybe I want to gain a few back.  I'm 5'9" and weigh 120 lbs.  I've always been on the thin side with little muscle, until my late 30s when I gained weight like everyone else who eats the Standard American Diet.  I don't have time to log my calories every day so I'm just going to aim for 2-3 oz of nuts and seeds a day, and three meals a day.   

Brekky:  smoothie (bigger than before, and more seeds).














Lunch:  beans (baby lima and adzuki, onion, Dr. Fuhrman's Matozest, some herbes de provence and Fines herbs.  Next time I will add some goji berries and dried cherries).  steamed veggies with rutabaga-sesame sauce.  The veggies I had were carrots, cauliflower, and frozen peas and corn.  I love this dish.  It feels decadent because the sauce is creamy.   

Dinner:   some celery, a kiwi while preparing a salad (lettuce & arugula, an apple, 1/2 chopped orange bell pepper, 1 Tbsp ground sunflower seeds, 1 Tbsp orange vinegar).  then 2/3 cup peas.  a small orange.

2 comments:

Howard Veit said...

The logging of diet is time consuming, but I have learned a lot and will probably continue at least for a few more weeks.

I tend to overeat, which is probably why my weight has not dropped as I had hoped.

What is your view of drinking an occasional alcoholic beverage. I had a glass of wine at a client meeting. Did a post on my blog. Do you think wine once in awhile is a bad idea, or not?

kneecap said...

Hi Howard,

I agree it is instructive to monitor your calories and fat intake. I'm just too lazy to keep it up.

I felt like I overate at lunch today but then I wasn't so hungry at dinner so it probably evened out.

I commented on your blog about the wine. I've lost interest in alcohol because I don't like the after-effects. However, I would probably still have a glass occasionally if it's from a really good bottle. Sounds like it was a fun event.