Friday, April 17, 2009

apr. 17 food

brekky:  I didn't have enough spinach to make a batch of smoothies, so made oatmeal instead.  This had oats, about 2.5-3 oz spinach, a pear, 1 cup frozen blueberries, and 0.5 oz walnuts.  yum!  a whopping 470 calories.  This will get me through the day!


snack:  carrots and celery, banana

dinner:  apple-cabbage dish without the onions as I don't have any.   I had to run out so only ate about 1/3 of it, then at my meeting, I ate a spring roll (not fried--it seemed to be mostly cucumber, a little carrot and avocado and lettuce in that thin rice paper covering?).  We also had a vegan pizza (Amy's frozen) but I didn't feel like eating it, maybe because I was looking forward to finishing my apple-cabbage dish at home which I did.

Total calories without the spring roll is 1320.  Not sure what the spring roll was.  I'm plenty full that's for sure.  

I'm almost out of food.  I haven't had time to go to the store.  Plus it's kind of fun to let your food run out.   I think I've got one meal left I can conjure up--oatmeal with cabbage.  I have no idea what this would taste like.  Actually I have a sweet potato too.  sweet potato and cabbage?  I think I'd rather save the sweet potato and bake it...or I can run to the store in the morning and then make smoothies.   It depends on how late I sleep.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Thank you, Barb, for continuing your blog! It's inspiring (even though it may be a bit boring for you). I'm still amazed at how you can keep up your diet. Oh, well. Tonight, I made 5 jars of lemon marmalade, which I'll be giving away as gifts. Our lemon tree is going gangbusters (like all of our citrus). Maybe I'll try grapefruit juice, or force myself to actually eat raw grapefruit. UG.

kneecap said...

HI Mary,

do you use sugar in your marmalade? I'll have to try it sometime. by the way I'm going to the June AAS...

Eugene said...

Hi Barb, I also had let my fridge go 'empty' - It bolsters creativity and the use of more frozen veggies. I also love your blog and following many of your easy recipies