Thursday, April 9, 2009

oatmeal #2

This tasted perfect to me.   I don't think I want to change it for a while.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup steel cut oats
0.5 oz raw walnuts, chopped
1.5 oz spinach, chopped
1 Tbsp goji berries
1 dried fig, chopped
1 small apple with skin, chopped

I added about 3/4 cup water, and the berries and chopped fig to the oats, heated it up to boiling and then let it sit for a while.  Then I came back and added the other stuff, heated it up to boiling and let it sit for a while (so I didn't have to watch it).  I think I ended up adding another 1/4 cup water.   It ended up sitting for more than an hour.  Of course, you can just cook it all at once.  It probably takes 20-30 minutes.  Add the spinach  in the last few minutes.  I also had some fresh local sorrel which I chopped and added.  That is really good stuff--very lemony.

hmm, I should try frozen blueberries too...

Total calories 395, protein 10 g (10%), carbs 62 g (61%), fat 12 g (29%).

No comments: