Saturday, July 18, 2009

trip

Tomorrow I'm going on a road trip for 4 days, visiting friends for work and pleasure. As I mentioned in a previous post, they eat a completely different diet from me, truly opposite ends of the spectrum. Fortunately they are not offended at the idea of my bringing my own food. So a few nights ago I made a bunch of smoothies and my tomato-y beans, greens and seeds dish, described in this post. Our friends love Wisconsin sweet corn, so we bought 3 dozen ears today! And I'll bring some random stuff from the fridge that I don't want to go bad--some lettuce and red bell peppers, a couple kiwis. Oh yeah, I made some cashew-orange dressing a few days ago when trying to use up the cashew butter, and froze that into three small jars. So one cooler will just be full of frozen food, another corn, and another miscellaneous stuff. Should be fun! My friends love food and cooking and so do I, we just love different kinds of food. :)

No comments: