Monday, July 27, 2009

july 27 food

Brekky:  visitor smoothie.  this made 2.5 servings.  I had 0.5 serving, gave the others to visitor and housemate.  I also had a grapefruit.

Lunch:  I cooked up some kale from the garden with some carrots, and mixed it in with yesterday's black bean hummus.  I didn't log my food yesterday but for dinner we had black bean hummus and veggies to dip (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, all local and delicious!), and sweet corn.  I love that black bean hummus.  And I love the fresh veggies this time of year.  can't be beat.  Anyway, so I enjoyed the kale and carrots and hummus too.  I also made potatoes, carrots and green beans for visitor and housemate, topped with parsley and chives from the garden.  The potatoes were new and fresh and really good.  I usually don't eat potatoes but had a few bites.  The corn was fabulous of course, topped with the avocado butter (simply a mashed avocado).  Visitor loves the avocado butter.  I had a peach too.

Dinner:  salad pretty much like this one.  Let's see, it was salad greens, chopped apple, chopped walnuts, sugar snap peas, and blood orange vinegar.     had some cherries and grapes but not too much.  and half an orange.  and a bit of leftover potatoes and beans from lunch.  

No comments: