Wednesday, July 29, 2009

July 29

Brekky: 1/2 visitor smoothie. grapefruit

Lunch: the usual this time of year: leftover beans&greens from yesterday; steamed broccoli, cauliflower carrots and new potatoes; corn on the cob + avocado butter. I had 3 pieces of corn! usually have 2 but there was an extra...it was all local and delicious (except the avocado). yum.

snack/dinner. dinner was one long snack. let's see, raw carrots & peas, some grapes, last of the beans&greens (1 cup), 1/2 musk melon, an apple. it was all good. the musk melon was really good, from a local farm. the apple was really good. those are hit and miss these days. I probably shouldn't get them this time of year since they come from so far away, but I want to make cabbage salad tomorrow so I bought some today.

It doesn't seem like too much food but I overate. I'm still in this weird indulgent phase. I stopped at the grocery store and almost bought a cookie. It attracted me because they were freshly made, plus there's the nostalgia factor. Then I thought, I don't even really like these cookies, and I don't like how I feel afterwards, and remember how chocolate affects me? oh yeah, I thought. so how about brazil nuts instead? (talking to myself is like talking to a child). I thought, okay--but then there weren't any brazil nuts. so I was fine and moved on. At least I'm being rational about it. I know if I indulge, where does it stop? do you ever get satisfied? no. it's better to stop before. but I'm still wondering, why am I wanting to to be indulgent? I've got some slightly stressful life issues going on but I've had those before. Maybe I should just think of something else to be indulgent about. I do have an idea though. I buy too much food, especially too much fruit. I shop every few days so I'm going to think about how much groceries you need on that time scale and ration it better. It will save money too, and make it easier to transport on my bike.

No comments: