Thursday, July 9, 2009

July 9

Brekky: grapefruit, delicious ripe peach, cherries, salad greens.

Lunch: avocado-mango salad. I think this is my favorite all-time salad. The avocado and
seeds make it so creamy even though they aren't blended. The mango adds a really nice sweet and tart flavor. I used fresh local sugar snap peas instead of edamame. Dessert was fruit salad: strawberries, raspberries, banana.












It was a wonderful meal eaten out on the deck. Here's housemate ready to eat after working in the garden:














Dinner: wasn't home for dinner, so brought a mango-spinach smoothie, cup of beans, and 3 carrots. I've been doing pretty good this week eating beans, greens, and seeds and I think I do have more energy for my workouts--could be my imagination though.

No comments: