Thursday, July 23, 2009

July 23

Okay, I can't resist. I kinda think the strength of this blog is the daily log of food prep and intake, because I don't have too many deep thoughts or great insights to offer. I find I learn well by example and I'm probably not unusual in this regard. Also, I want to log it for myself, as I try to improve my diet and achieve "black belt nutritarian" status. I'm not there yet...

My schedule might be changing around with exercise first thing in the morning--that's what I did today. Then I'd have a light breakfast of fruit at about 10 am--light because it's close to lunch. Then my big meal of the day is lunch at about 1 pm. Then scrounge for dinner. You would want to adapt the size and timing of your meals to your schedule too. Here's what I had today.

Brekky: some grapes and brazil nuts. I was grocery shopping after exercise class and got breakfast size portions of both. Well, I got too many brazil nuts and ate them all because I have no self-control. Lesson learned: buy smaller quantities.

Lunch: this was fabulous, as shown in the picture:



















that's sweet corn, and broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots and hummus; and avocado butter for the sweet corn. and blueberries and banana for dessert. the vegetables were all local. they are sooooo goood. Dessert was definitely not needed, because as usual, I snacked a bit while preparing (carrots, sugar snap peas, salad greens).

Dinner was some raw carrots, celery, and sugar snap peas dipped in hummus. and a grapefruit for dessert. I love grapefruit. Oh, I ate some salad greens too.

No comments: