Thursday, July 23, 2009

trip notes

Just a couple of thoughts about my trip. I don't want to say too much to protect the privacy of my friends. They are gourmet cooks and they made meals like the kind Julia Child used to make, full of meat and fat and dairy. There was lots of alcohol too. It did make me nostalgic for old times when I joined in. I'm sure the food tasted really good, and I used to enjoy a good gin and tonic and a good bottle of wine. So part of me wanted to partake. But since there was nothing vegan, I wasn't tempted. I definitely would have been tempted if it had been vegan gourmet food. But I'm kind of repulsed by animal products now. Anyway, it was interesting. While I did feel a little nostalgic, I also felt very good physically and wanted to keep it that way. I went running one morning and got lost and ended up running about 6 miles, twice my usual amount, and I felt good the entire way. In fact, I speeded up at the end because I was late. I also felt that today's lunch was as fabulous as the gourmet meals that were served up. I don't feel deprived. I think my hosts thought I was, but that's just because I was in their environment without my groceries, so my choices were more limited than usual. I don't mind being limited for a few days. I still ate well. My meals pretty much followed what I planned in this post.

No comments: