Friday, July 31, 2009

july 31

another long day at work which I just finished at 11:30 pm, though we did play this afternoon too. My visitor is gone now. He enjoyed our healthy food. He couldn't believe the smoothies didn't have cream in them. I showed him how to make them today and he wants a good blender now.

brekky: um, 2 smoothies. first a mango-spinach one from the freezer. then I made too much of the visitor smoothies so had some of their leftovers. then I also had some lentils because I was pigging out.

lunch: lots of cabbage salad, raw carrots, celery, peas

dinner: banana-berry sorbet (1 banana, frozen blueberries and hemp seeds blended up in the blender--it was good), and ate some of the food I was preparing for the weekend (veggie-pot). also, grapefruit, and orange.

I wanted a cupcake today. That's why I had the banana-berry sorbet as my first dinner course. And I ate too much today. Maybe I should just get a cupcake at my favorite bakery and get it over with. But after reading Dr. Fuhrman's books, I know that stuff isn't good for you because of the fat, sugar and refined grains. Plus it makes me feel crappy. I actually don't want to eat it, and that's why I didn't give in. I guess I'm at this point where I'm saying, so I can never eat this stuff? I think I'm mourning it a bit. Maybe I should buy some flowers and put them on a grave of cupcakes. ha.

No comments: