Friday, July 31, 2009

veggie pot

I'm going away for the weekend and wanted to empty the fridge so I cooked everything that was in my fridge (except some potatoes):

beets, onion, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, celery, zucchini, carrots, bag of frozen edamame, and hemp seeds; and herbs from the garden (dill, basil, chives).

The beets, onion, carrots, and broccoli stems take longer so I cooked them for 2 minutes in the pressure cooker, then added the rest (except the seeds), and cooked for another 2 minutes. Then put it into three big tupperware bowls. Then ground 3 Tbsp of hemp seeds and put them in each bowl and stirred.

So this has everything you need: veggies, greens, beans, and seeds. And it tastes great! I love beets and edamame combination, well, and everything else. yummy. so I'll be set with food for the weekend. fun!

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

Hi, saw your blog on Dr. Fuhrman's site. I think that sometimes just cooking by using up ing tend to make food more interesting. It seems like I usually have food that needs to be used up and is just calling me to "cook it". I thin start throwing stuff together and most the time it is great. There are a few times when it is not so great but I eat it all anyway with thanksgiving that I have food and so many in the world don't.
Rosemary

kneecap said...

Hi Rosemary,

Yes, I'm starting to realize all veggies taste great no matter how you combine them! thanks for commenting!

-barb