Monday, July 13, 2009

beans, geens, seeds and a cream sauce

Ingredients for 1 large serving

4 oz greens (e.g., collards, kale, chard)
a vegetable or two--e.g., carrot, beets (optional)
half of leek or onion
1 small zucchini or 1/2 large
1/2 cup beans
1 Tbsp hemp seeds
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
juice of 1/2 lemon

steam the greens, zucchini, onion, and vegetable. I cooked them in a pressure cooker for 3 minutes. I peeled the zucchini but didn't cut it up, since it cooks faster than collard greens if it's cut up.

In a blender, blend up the zucchini, seeds, and lemon. It makes a nice creamy sauce. Pour that over the vegetables and stir. It's tastes decadent because of the sauce, even though it's healthy. Here I used carrot for the veggie, and black beans.

2 comments:

Tough Chick said...

Yum! I can't wait to make this one.

kneecap said...

you can play with the seed amounts. The hemp seeds are more creamy than sesame, so you could go all hemp. I really like hemp seeds. I only discovered them a month or two ago!