Wednesday, July 8, 2009

the garden

okay, one more post and then I have to get back to work...here are pictures from our lovely garden.

The dill is amazing this year. We've never got these giant stalks before. One of them came up from last year so it's not a different variety.













Italian parsley:



















tarragon:











curly parsley:
















mint. I don't use this much and it takes up valuable space, so I think it will be out next year:















basil. we have two plants:



















This is just some of the tomatoes. We have 16 regular, 1 cherry plants. We will can a lot of them.











We have 6 collard green plants and 3 chard (in the back):



















garlic chives. I like these better than regular:













kale. I don't think these are ready to harvest:



















A large russian kale plant that came up from last year. I harvested half of it today:



















Kohlrabi. We had 6 plants, I've harvested two. I don't like that it doesn't grow back. But I suppose that's okay because we can plant something in their place, like spinach! I do enjoy eating the kohlrabi (the bulb at the bottom) and the greens.



















Mustard greens. These aren't what I thought they would be. They are different from the ones in the store. But I guess they are okay. I expected bigger leaves and therefore more to eat.














Regular chives:




















Arugula. This has been good. It's strong but the plant is reasonably small so I can harvest small amounts for salads and not have too much growing in the garden.


















Then we also have beans and bell peppers. I didn't take pictures of those, I guess because I'm not eating them yet. And the eggplant plant doesn't seem to be doing much. It's growing but not very much. I also forgot to snap a picture of the rosemary.

No comments: