Friday, July 17, 2009

changing the blog

I've been doing this blog for 13 months now. I was planning to do it for a year, to cycle through all the seasons. I think I want to change my approach a bit now. For one thing, I don't have a lot of free time and want to use some of that time for studying to become a "Nutritional Excellence Trainer" for Dr. Fuhrman's program. As a "NET", I'd coach people who want to adopt this program, tailored to their needs: it could involve shopping, cooking, support.

So I'm thinking instead of writing my daily food log, I will give more occasional updates on my eating habits, and still log my recipes (they are useful for me to refer to), and more thoughts and ideas. For example I can write about things I'm learning as I study, or tips I'm learning for how to adopt the program. I'm coaching a friend and her family right now, and definitely learning a lot about what kinds of advice works and what doesn't.

Please send feedback about this idea. Do you like the food log or is it okay with you to change things up a bit?

5 comments:

Holly said...

While I love reading what other people eat each day I know how repetitive it can seem to the one doing the posting. I like the idea of spreading your wings a bit and changing up the blog as you suggest.

Kit and Kaboodle said...

Mix it up! But please do keep your recipes! It has been helpful to me as an E2L newbie to see what you've been eating, but it's probably not needed on a daily basis. I like the "lessons learned" that you post, that would be great to keep too.
-K

kneecap said...

Let's see how it goes if I'm less formally doing a food log for a few weeks maybe I'll end up posting more, at least on weekends. I definitely would like to know if people prefer the old way. And I'm glad to know that some people find this blog helpful!

Anonymous said...

I'm new to your blog and like the daily food log but also would like to hear about the new things you're learning and thinking about.

AmyK

Tough Chick said...

I like the idea of mixing it up. Regardless of the content of your posts, it is nice to have your support and to read about your journey.