Tuesday, July 28, 2009

july 28

brekky: visitor smoothie, grapefruit

lunch: another pile of veggies & greens cooked in the pressure cooker: tons of collard greens, tomatoes, onion, zucchini, ground sunflower and hemp seeds, white beans, basil, chives, and dill. For preparation tips, see this recipe. For housemate and visitor I also made potatoes, green beans, and sugar snap peas with the same herbs. We also had the usual sweet corn and avocado butter. We have this every day we are home during sweet corn season. We count the days until sweet corn season starts. We reminisce in winter. My computer is named "sweetcorn".


late dinner: a pile of raw veggies and fruit in a bowl that I just ate as finger food. It took a few minutes to prepare. It was totally satisfying. I am weird. why on earth do I sometimes get influenced by society to stray from these simple and lovely meals? Here's what went into my bowl: salad greens, carrots, a plum, some cherries, some grapes, an orange cut into 8 pieces, a bunch of sweet peas. Then I added more salad greens.

No comments: