Tuesday, July 28, 2009

homemade granola

this is kind of a weird idea but I liked it. My visitor was eating granola so of course I wanted some too but I wanted healthy granola. So I essentially took the ingredients for a bowl of oatmeal and turned it into granola.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup oats or 1/4 steel cut oats
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1 Tbsp date sugar
1/2 cup water? (I didn't measure)

combine everything in a bowl. microwave for 2 minutes. let it sit for a while until all the water pretty much soaks in. maybe microwave and let sit again if using steel cut oats. spread onto a cookie sheet. put in the oven at 275 for...30 minutes? Stir. put it in the oven again for...15 minutes? stir. repeat until it's a consistency you like. longer for crunchy. I found it more entertaining and long-lasting than oatmeal.

No comments: