Sunday, July 12, 2009

July 12

ugh, I got sick this morning. I am not sure what I did wrong. Well I ate too many raw carrots and sugar snap peas before dinner last night. That combined with the large (again raw) salad which I probably didn't chew well enough, and the 1/2 cup beans must have overloaded my system. Oh, I also ate a bunch of broccoli sprouts on my salad and I've never tried those before and I wasn't sure how to eat them, eat the whole things or the tops? Maybe I overate those. Anyway, I woke up at 5:30 am and had diarrhea for the next few hours. I'm sure the whole world enjoys reading that. So my meals today were pretty light.

no brekky.

lunch: plum, kiwi, 1/4 honey dew melon. For housemate I made: potatoes, carrots, sugar snap peas and corn, with garden herbs (chives, rosemary, parsley) and ground seeds. I tasted that and it was good. I realized I could have had that instead of the fruit because it was all cooked and easy to digest. I'm a big fan of hemp seeds now. Grind them up, add them to the water the veggies cooked in, and it turns into a creamy sauce!

dinner: peach. then cooked up a kohlrabi + its green leaves (from the garden), a carrot, sugar snap peas, with herbs (chives, tarragon, basil, parsley from the garden) and ground hemp/pumpkin seeds. 1/2 small orange for dessert. Let's hope that settles nicely in my tummy. Oh, for both lunch and dinner, I used the pressure cooker and cooked it up in a few minutes!

Tomorrow I want to get back to the beans. I want to follow Fuhrman's advice and eat 1 cup beans every day. That means I need to cut back on the volume of the other food at lunch and dinner (unlike yesterday I guess)--that should cut back on my food bills too because dried beans are cheap!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog. I'm trying to follow Dr. Fuhrman too. I enjoy your posts. I really liked the reports from the week long trip to Florida. Keep up the good work!
AmyK