Thursday, July 9, 2009

new spinach-mango smoothie

This is a more nutrient-dense version of my original spinach-mango smoothie.

Ingredients for 1 large serving (about 20 oz):
1 medium or large orange or 2 small
1 10-oz bag frozen mangos
1 4-oz bag baby spinach
3 Tbsp total sunflower, pumpkin, hemp seeds (whatever combo you wish)
supplements if you wish (vitamins, DHA)

Throw the seeds and supplements into the blender. Peel the oranges, cut in half, then quarters to remove the seeds, throw in blender, add spinach. Blend until smooth. then add the mangos, and blend until smooth. yum!

Nutritional info. total calories: 533 (that's a lot!); protein 15 g (9%), carbs 91 g (61%), fat 17g (29%).

2 comments:

Tough Chick said...

This looks really yummy!

kneecap said...

I forgot to link to my original one. I'll add the link in. That one tastes better with the banana but this one is more nutritious. I'm into maximum nutrition so I can add some muscles to my scrawny body! And this one still tastes quite good.