Saturday, May 2, 2009

may 2 food

I was on a road trip today.

Brekky was my new smoothie.  This is satisfying and more filling than my previous one--though that it's only got 35 more calories.  Ah, it's got more fat, and protein.  The fat makes it more satisfying.   In the car I snacked on celery and carrots and a banana (even though Dr. Fuhrman says we shouldn't snack).  

Lunch was a salad I made ahead with a new dressing I invented today:  mango-beet.  It is the best dressing I've ever made.   I may eat this every day for the next week!   My co-op has these small mexican mangos on special and I bought 5 of them today when I got home.   The salad had lettuce, arugula, red bell pepper, and 1/2 cup edamame.  It was fantastic.  I followed that with a big orange, and an apple.

Dinner was my new favorite splurge: banana + 3 Tbsp peanut butter (freshly ground!).  Peanuts have accrylymides which are not good for you but Dr. Fuhrman recommends it for people trying to add muscle because it has lots of protein and calories.   So it can't be that bad for you.  While watching a movie I ate 6 oz of blackberries (planned).  

It was a satisfying day all around (in all respects, not just eating).  I think I need to feel like I'm getting treats so I don't do these silly splurges like I did last week with the cookies.  The splurges have nothing to do with taste and are more about feeling different from everyone else and stupidly thinking I'm deprived.

No comments: