Tuesday, May 12, 2009

going off the wagon

I still had symptoms from Sat's unhealthy splurge yesterday (Monday).  Especially the grogginess was familiar from the way I used to feel all the time--I'm glad that's gone today.  I had a runny nose but maybe that was just coincidence or the slightly cold weather.  My face broke out a bit.  It gets splotchy when I eat processed grains and sugar.  My heart skipped beats Sunday night.   

I was thinking one reason I still will occasionally partake in white flour and sugar products is that a part of my brain still thinks, oh come on, this can't be that bad for you, because everyone else eats this stuff all the time.  I question my extremism on these occasions.  On top of that, someone very nice has just made something delicious and home-made for me.  And I was tired and hungry.  I'm not making excuses, just analyzing.  It's really the first reason that is the main reason I splurge.  A part of me really can't believe that it can be so bad for you.  Yet, I really do feel like crap for a few days.  

okay, gotta get to work now...

No comments: