Tuesday, May 12, 2009

may 11 & 12

It's a busy week, with most dinners out and late nights, so posting might be more sporadic.

Yesterday's food log was

Brekky:  smoothie

Lunch:  veggies cooked up in a pot:  turnip, can tomatoes, herbs from garden (cilantro & chives), bag of spinach, zucchini.   it was good and easy.  I may be doing this a lot this week.

Dinner:  got home late, had to rush off.  I was going to have a salad but didn't have time to prepare or eat it.  Ate some berries I had just bought (strawberries, blackberries), some raw carrots, thawed some lentil-carrot soup and ate that, headed off.

Here's my plan for today

Brekky:  smoothie

Lunch:  veggies cooked up in a pot:  eggplant, can tomatoes, mushrooms, collard greens, herbs from the garden (tarragon, chives).  the herbs came up from last year.  yea!  we haven't started planting yet but got a bunch of starter plants yesterday.  We got lots of greens.  It's going to be a great year I hope!  [update:  this turned out really good and I wrote it up as ratatouille.]

Dinner:  salad (lettuce, arugula, mango, yellow bell pepper), rest of lentil-carrot soup.   I'll eat this out so will prepare at lunchtime.  [update, was hungry when I got home so had an apple]

No comments: