Sunday, May 3, 2009

may 3 food

Brekky:  smoothie

snack:  apple & orange

late lunch:  baked sweet potato, steamed broccoli, carrots, peas and corn.   fruit salad (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, banana).

Dinner:  steamed artichoke heart.  dipped in mango-beat dressing.   This is kind of 
a new food for me (the artichoke I mean) and I'm not even sure how to eat it.  But I recall eating it a long time ago with a friend and we peeled the leaves off one by one and you slide it between your front teeth to get scrape off some of the 'meat'.  Then after you've done all that, you eat the heart.  I think.  I did that and it was good.  [updated later: I got some useful info form the Fuhrman forums.  Here's a link for how to eat an artichoke, but I don't recommend the butter!  Also, you aren't supposed to eat the fuzzy layer on top.  It can make you choke.]  Here's a picture of the partially eaten artichoke, the discarded leaves, and the dip. 


















When I was done with that, there was still some dip left so I had that over arugula.  I stopped bothering to wipe my mouth at this point.  Housemate snapped this picture.  It is so ugly, it cracked us both up.  You can see the beet color on my hand too.













After all that I had a few carrots and an orange.  I wonder if I eat too much fruit.   I'm too busy right now to think about it.


2 comments:

Strix said...

Ah, beet lips! That's just a Nutritarian's lipstick ;^)

kneecap said...

haha, yep, I thought it looked like lipstick too. I like that nickname, beet-lips.