Sunday, May 24, 2009

sweet pea and avocado guacamole



















I love peas and I love avocado, so I had high hopes for this and wasn't disappointed. This is a variation of guacamole that doesn't use tomatoes, onion and garlic like the traditional.

Ingredients:
1 ripe avocado
1 cup sweet peas
juice of 1/2 lime (about 10 g)
juice of 1/2 small orange (about 20 g)
some cilantro (optional)
bit of red bell pepper (optional)
other herbs if you want--e.g., chives, parsley (optional)

Blend it all up in in a food processor.

Note to self: don't add goji berries to this. too sweet.

1 comment:

Strix said...

You're still on the kumquats, aye, barb, LOL. ;) Coolio!
Oh, wow, that sounds awesome! kumquats in quac! Fantastic! I'm still adding it to lotsa stuff myself lately, and, wow,it sure packs a punch! Changes the entire thing, even with just a touch of it. THere's nothing like what it lends to a dish...so glad i've got a load in the freezer to last me when fresh are long gone! :D