Sunday, May 24, 2009

may 23 & 24

I've been having fun making quick and easy meals this weekend.   had smoothies for brekky, that's easy.  

Lunch yesterday was kale and sweet potato sauce.  Made it in the pressure cooker so it went fast.  there wasn't enough kale so I added arugula.  it was locally grown and had long stems.  they were chewy.  housemate did not like them!  I did.  I also threw in a beet because it was getting a bit old.  We also had a delicious berry salad.  Sometimes the berries at the co-op are really good, sometimes not so good.  Yesterday they were really good--strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and a ripe mango.  had that for dessert after lunch and dinner and then some more today.

Dinner last night was corn and bean salad over lettuce.  I'm not sure I like the texture or feel of bean salad over lettuce.  I think I'd rather have the bean salad in a separate bowl and the lettuce  in a separate salad.  Also my bean salad was a bit bland until today when I added 1/2  chopped ripe cantaloupe.  Then it was really good.  The other half cantaloupe I had at brekky with my smoothie.

Lunch today was more bean salad over lettuce, a whopping plate.  and some carrots while preparing.

Dinner today was pea and avocado guacamole with lots of steamed veggies--broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots.  They took 1 minute to cook in the pressure cooker!  orange for dessert.   very satisfying meal.

No comments: