Sunday, May 17, 2009

may 16

brekky:  not too hungry, not in the mood for a smoothie (probably the "ice cream" and nuts from previous night).  had a late breakfast of spinach and carrots and celery.  I was in the mood for veggies today.

lunch:  more fun with the pressure cooker!  This is a life-changing device!   I just made a giant plate of veggies for housemate and me.  cooked up potato, beets, asparagus, and carrots for 1 minute.  Then added broccoli, cauliflower, grape tomatoes and mushrooms for another minute.  Some of these veggies are for me only, some for housemate only, but the pot is big enough to just have them pushed to one side.  I had the beets and asparagus, housemate had the potato, more of the broccoli and carrots, and the rest was shared.   Super easy and good.  a giant plate of veggies--whatever is in the fridge.  what a concept.   I could have this every day.

late snack after yoga while waiting for the peregrine falcon to arrive at it's nest, which it did!:  apple and banana

late dinner:  made a "greek salad" recipe from Dr. Fuhrman's Eat for Health book.  I can't repeat the recipe here but it was good.  it has chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, potato (I substituted part sweet potato), green apple, onion, brazil nuts, flavored vinegar, cilantro and salad greens.  I also added peas and corn because I took them out earlier in the day and didn't use them.  I also added chopped kumquat peels since I still had some kumquats that were going to go bad.  These are like, what do you call that when you scrape off citrus peels, oh citrus zest.  Anyway, they add a great flavor!   I got that idea from strix.   

I made a double recipe so I could take half to a potluck.  I was hungry when I started cooking at 8 pm so I just kept eating as I added ingredients, and then I ate a helping when it was done at 9 pm.  I got overfull.  oops.  but it was good.

No comments: