Monday, May 4, 2009

may 4

Today I had an unexpected 30 mile bike ride, as described here.  This was after a workout where I did 75 pushups (knee), 75 chinups (assisted), 75 sit-up-and-reach, and ran 3/4 mile (the easy part).  After the workout and before the bike ride I had an apple (9 am).  Then halfway on the bike ride we stopped at a coffee shop and I had a fruit smoothie.  Fortunately a lot of coffee shops make these now.  Then I had a banana on the way home.  

By the time I had lunch at 2 pm I was hungry!   I made black bean hummus and had that over lightly steamed broccoli and carrots, and red bell pepper strips.  It was super yummy.    Housemate and I ate all the dip and veggies but I probably ate 2/3 of it.  It was good.  I still managed to eat an orange after that even though I wasn't hungry (oops).

For dinner, I should have had a salad but instead I had mango-banana pudding because I was prepping bananas for the freezer and had a partial one leftover, and had a small ripe mango.  So I blended them up, yum.  Then I also had 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed in the microwave.  And sipped on the smoothies I made to freeze.  Not a big dinner but I wasn't that hungry after lunch.  Oh, and I finished off with a carrot.

No comments: