Saturday, May 2, 2009

mango-beet dressing

Oh my gosh, this is the best dressing I've ever made.  

Ingredients for 1 large serving to smother all over your salad or steamed veggies:
1-2 medium baked beets (or steamed)
1 small mango, peeled and cut enough to remove seed (I use the smaller yellow Mexican ones because I haven't had good luck getting the big multicolored ones to ripen).  oh, I bet frozen mango would work just fine.  1/2-1 cup? 
0.5 oz  walnuts
1 Tbsp blueberry vinegar (optional)
1/4 cup pomegranate juice and/or soy milk  (actually I didn't measure, just enough to get the blending to go)

Blend everything in a blender.  soooooo gooooood.

2 comments:

Shez said...

I'm fasting right now so I don't know why I torture myself by reading food blogs. LOL. I can't wait to try this recipe. Mango and beets, that sounds perfect.

I want to try your orange dressing as well.

kneecap said...

Hi Shez,

If you have any suggestions for improving it, let me know!

-barb