Wednesday, May 20, 2009

may 20

Today I made another fun dish in the pressure cooker. That makes cooking so easy! I peeled and cut an eggplant, ripped up a bunch of kale (that's how I "chop" it), cut up a bunch of mushrooms and an onion, combined that with 2 cans of tomatoes and cooked for 2 minutes! Then threw in a bag of arugula to get more greens (shared some of the kale with housemate). and a half chopped red pepper. and some cilantro (I will be eating cilantro every day now because it's growing crazy in the garden). I let that cook a little in the hot pan (no additional stove heat). It was great. Really, all you have to do is throw in whatever vegetables you want, it and it will taste great. nothing hard about it. I'm into eggplants right now. I had that for lunch and dinner. wasn't hungry at breakfast. had some carrots and an apple too.

2 comments:

Picks Over Peas said...

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your PC so much. It is the last thing on my wish list that I have not yet purchased and I hope to get one by the end of the year. Sounds like it makes life with greens, veggies, and beans so much easier!

kneecap said...

yes, I think it could replace all my other pots and pans! Buy it as soon as you can if you are looking to save time--which I think you mentioned in one of your recent posts on the forums. I was going to reply to that. My allergies have disappeared and I don't know if it was just that it took a few years of good nutrition or if it was cutting my flour and wheat intake to almost zero. I don't know which. But I don't juice greens.