Wednesday, May 13, 2009

my schedule change

I changed my schedule around last week in order to be more productive at work.  I now work in the mornings and early afternoon, like normal people.  I used to work in the afternoons and evenings to be more compatible with housemate's schedule.  The schedule change seems to be working, as my brain works much better in the morning.    

This is changing my eating schedule too.  I still like my  morning smoothie.  I want to get to work right when I get up so the smoothie is easy and a quick break whenever I get hungry (usually pretty early).  Then I switched my exercise classes to afternoon.  This is changing my lunchtime eating.   So far I've been too full when I get to my 4 pm exercise class so I need to eat lower quantity and easier-to-digest foods at lunch, so more vegetables and salads.  And eating beans at lunch makes me too bloated at 4 pm so nix that.  So then my evening meal needs to be bigger, and richer.  That is when I want to eat the beans and nuts/seeds.    Plus that is good replenishment after the exercise and then I have all night to digest it.  

It's a change of habit so will probably take me a while to get it figured out.  But I think this might be an improvement.   

No comments: