Thursday, March 5, 2009

mar. 5

Brekky: 0.5 oz brazil nuts, morning smoothie, apple

lunch: steamed kale with sesame-rutabaga sauce (used 1/2 rutabaga, 1/2 turnip, no pom juice), 1/2 cup beans  (adzuki, white, and chickpeas, and onion and herbs). fruit salad (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, banana).   snacked on celery and carrots while preparing.  ate 1 Tbsp pumpkin seeds (didn't need it, wasn't hungry) while fixing housemate's dinner salad.  

dinner: big easy salad.  carrots and celery, a largish baked beet, 2 small kiwis.  very full and satisfied after this.  The baked beet was the best I've ever had.  It was locally grown.  

Total calories: 1602, protein 51 g (10%), carbs 289g, fat 41 g (23%).

I had plenty of energy for my exercise class this morning so I think this calorie range is fine for me.  I'm plenty full right now at 8:40 pm.  In fact, I feel like I overate a bit at both lunch and dinner.  tomorrow I will have to eat a relatively early brekky...

No comments: